For over 20 years, disabled children as young as 2 years of age in Bexar County have experienced the rewards of therapeutic riding and hippotherapy at our Center.
The Saddle Light Center is registered as a physical therapy facility by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. We are also a center member with the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH). Our Therapeutic Riding lessons are provided only by PATH Certified Instructors.
We currently provide ongoing Therapeutic Riding and Classic Hippotherapy to approximately 60 riders. Individuals age 2 and up with a diagnosed disability are referred to us by doctors, therapists, schools, and agencies which advocate and coordinate services for the disabled of our area.
Our goal is to inspire our riders to accomplishments previously considered beyond their capabilities.
Our mission is to provide professional equestrian therapy for children, teenagers and adults with neurological, orthopedic, learning, emotional or other disabilities.
- September 3, 1991 – The Saddle Light Center was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Board of Directors
- Kerstin L. Fosdick, LPT, President
- Tom Reed, Vice President
- Bruce Jennings, Client Representative
- Alison Gragg, Fundraising Chair
- Jolanda Straathof, Treasurer
- Patricia Lucas, PA
- Shelly Holm, Marketing Chair
- Clint Butler, CPA for Private Business
Advisory Board Members
- Michael J. Dwyer, MD
- Keith Huffman, DVM
- Michael F. Martin, DVM
- Violet Margly, Att. at Law, Retired